We’re excited to offer two career opportunities through the government’s Kickstart scheme; a Graphic Designer role and a Content and Social Media Assistant role. We’re proud to be offering these opportunities with our incredible partners, Transforming Lives Company.
A bit about us and our clients
Matchstick Creative creates trust for brands with purpose. We exist to create a more equal world through well-told stories and shared experiences. Over the last three years, we’ve built strong relationships with clients in health, profit-for-purpose, third and private sectors. Every organisation or company we work with wants to leave the world a better place.
About the Content & Social Media Assistant role
As Content and Social Media Assistant, you will be responsible for developing and enhancing all content marketing activities, to support the business and its clients, producing engaging content across a range of channels. The role will support a range of content marketing initiatives, researching, writing and producing relevant and engaging copy in a style and tone that conveys the brand, while being customer-focused and engaging.
What will you be responsible for?
- Managing client and company social channels, including engagement, content creation and content scheduling, demonstrating an understanding of the best practices of the main social media channels, which content and approaches work on each and why
- Researching, writing, editing and proofreading clear, concise and engaging copy for Matchstick Creative and its clients, ensuring high standards and consistency across all content, in a style in line with tone and mission
- Supporting the development and implementation of content marketing plans for Matchstick Creative and clients
- In line with the client’s needs and motivations, managing the delivery and chasing of work on client accounts, liaising effectively with all key stakeholders
- Ideation and brainstorming for clients and Matchstick Creative, generating new ideas and strategies, identifying which content will be most effective for specific audiences
- Keeping key team members up to date with project statuses
- Using keyword research, competitor analysis and leading search engine optimisation tools to build on successes and learnings
- Analysing and reporting on client accounts and Matchstick Creative channels
- To continually improve own skillset with further reading & training around content marketing, SEO, social media and latest industry trends
- To undertake any other duties to assist in the day to day running of Matchstick Creative, assisting the Content Director with any ad-hoc tasks as required
What kind of experience and skills are we looking for?
- Writing and proofreading skills with excellent grammar and high attention to detail
- Clear and effective communication, both verbal and written, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate key messages
- Highly collaborative, work effectively with a range of customer and internal and external stakeholders
- Basic knowledge of SEO, content marketing and social media
- Creative with the ability to generate new ideas
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Able to set relevant priorities daily
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
Who qualifies for these roles?
16- to 25-year-old on Universal Credit with nil earnings when you apply (you can turn 25 within the six-month placement).
When do applications close?
February 26th 2021
I want to apply or share it with someone I know who might be interested.
Awesome – we can’t wait to meet them or you! Email our friends at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are not handling job applications directly, so all enquiries are best made through their team.