A bit about us
Matchstick Creative creates trust for brands with purpose. We exist to create a more equal world through well-told stories and shared experiences. Over the last two and a half years we’ve built strong relationships with clients in health, profit-for-purpose, third and private sectors. Every organisation or company we work with wants to leave the world a better place.
A bit about your role
As a Graphic Designer at Matchstick Creative, you’ll play an influential role in our own brand as well as our clients. Your impact will be felt across a project’s life span, so it is essential you have experience designing and managing projects from concept to completion. You will be an excellent communicator with an infectious enthusiasm for your work. The role is for an all-round creative person with strong experience of designing for a variety of media. Whilst there is a strong focus on digital, there will also be the chance to be involved with video, merchandise and photography as well.
What’s the pay?
This is a manager-level role within our organisation, so it’s up to £25k, depending on your experience level.
What will you be responsible for?
- Brand development: developing logos, colour palettes, typography, understanding brand values and tone of voice, and how those influence aesthetic design. Creating brand guidelines for different levels of use and creating brand assets across a range of formats (e.g. presentations, social media, letterheads, business cards, brand merch, etc.)
- Brand application: working within brand guidelines from our client and partner organisations to create engaging brand assets for marketing campaigns, websites, social media, creating templates for use by other members of our team and our client’s teams.
- Developing creative concepts: understanding how to brainstorm ideas and generate creative solutions, clear processes for delivering engaging work for our internal and external brands
- Template creation: supporting our staff and partners by creating branded templates for presentations, social media campaigns, business collateral
Who will you be reporting to?
- Founder & Content Director
- Experience Director
What skills and experience do you need to do the job?
- Min. 2 years in a graphic design role and in-depth knowledge in Adobe CC suite, particularly Adobe Photoshop and Adobe XD
- Ability to work across a variety of digital media – including email, web and social media
- Applying brand to a multitude of clients across health, profit-for-purpose, third and private sectors
- Enthusiasm for your work and the desire to constantly improve your skills
- Ability to take and apply constructive feedback
- Clear and effective communication, verbal, written and visual, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate key messages
- Highly collaborative with the ability to influence and work effectively with a range of customer and internal and external stakeholders
- Creative with the ability to generate new ideas and customer-focused strategies
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong project management skills with the ability to set relevant priorities daily
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
Anything else desirable we’re looking for?
- Video editing with Adobe Premiere
- Website and interaction design (e.g Adobe XD, InVision, Sketch, Marvel, After Effects/Lottie)
- Experience with Illustrator and InDesign
What are the main duties and responsibilities of the role?
- Creating assets for social media, web and other digital platforms
- Creative concepting and brainstorming
- Designing logos, corporate identities and brand guidelines
- Some print design for brochures, business cards, leaflets, exhibition stands
- Liaising with stakeholders both internally and client-side
What’s so great about working at Matchstick Creative?
- Hybrid and flexible working (choose your hours between 08:00 and 18:00, we work between our homes and our offices in the Baltic Triangle)
- Two weeks off at Christmas (that aren’t taken from your annual holiday allowance)
- £25 a month to spend on your wellbeing how you see fit
- Upskilling and continuous learning through Afternoon Learning sessions
- Monthly PDP meetings to ensure personal growth
- Environmental offset policy
- Dog friendly offices (bring your doggo family with you to work)
- Purpose-driven clients that have a positive impact on the world
- A diverse team where your voice is heard and valued
When do applications close?
We’re keen to find the right person for the job, so we are keeping our deadline open until January 31st 2022.
Apply now, we think you’ll be great.
Email us your CV and anything else you think might support your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, address your email to our Experience Director Greg Macoy.
We want the strongest applications possible, so we’d recommend you think about the following when applying:
- Have I demonstrated my values as well as my skills and experience?
- Have I made it clear why I want to work for Matchstick Creative?
- Have I demonstrated my knowledge and passion of Matchstick Creative clients?
- Have I given evidence to demonstrate my skills?
Best of luck! We can’t wait to meet you.