We’re excited to offer two career opportunities through the government’s Kickstart scheme; a Graphic Designer role and a Content and Social Media Assistant role. We’re proud to be offering these opportunities with our incredible partners, Transforming Lives Company.
A bit about us and our clients
Matchstick Creative creates trust for brands with purpose. We exist to create a more equal world through well-told stories and shared experiences. Over the last three years, we’ve built strong relationships with clients in health, profit-for-purpose, third and private sectors. Every organisation or company we work with wants to leave the world a better place.
About the Graphic Designer role
As a Graphic Designer at Matchstick Creative, you’ll play an influential role in our own brand as well as our clients. Your impact will be felt across a project’s life span, so it is essential you have experience designing and managing projects from concept to completion. You will be an excellent communicator with an infectious enthusiasm for your work. The role is for an all-round creative person with strong experience of designing for a variety of media. Whilst there is a strong focus on digital, there will also be the chance to be involved with video, merchandise and photography as well
What will you be responsible for?
- Creating assets for social media, web and other digital platforms
- Creative concepting and brainstorming
- Designing logos, corporate identities and brand guidelines
- Some print design for brochures, business cards, leaflets, exhibition stands
- Liaising with stakeholders both internally and client-side
What kind of experience and skills are we looking for?
- Ability to work across a variety of digital media – including email, web and social media
- Enthusiasm for your work and the desire to constantly improve your skills
- Ability to take and apply constructive feedback
- Clear and effective communication, verbal, written and visual, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate key messages
- Highly collaborative and work effectively with a range of customers
- Creative with the ability to generate new ideas
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to set relevant priorities daily
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
Ideal skills include:
- Video editing
- Website and interaction design
- Experience with Illustrator and InDesign
Who qualifies for these roles?
16- to 25-year-old on Universal Credit with nil earnings when you apply (you can turn 25 within the six-month placement).
When do applications close?
February 26th 2021
I want to apply or share it with someone I know who might be interested.
Awesome – we can’t wait to meet them or you! Email our friends at email@example.com. We are not handling job applications directly, so all enquiries are best made through their team.