Following a host of successful events in 2023, Firestarters is back for the final event of the year. The event will explore the role of Artificial Intelligence (AI) as a force for social good within the NHS and the wider healthcare industry. Firestarters is proud to be bringing together some of the brightest minds to facilitate our most controversial question yet…can AI save the NHS?
In true Firestarters style, we’ll be bringing together the city region’s healthcare professionals and a diverse audience from various sectors to explore the question. Through the event, we’ll investigate whether harnessing the power of AI will allow the healthcare industry to improve the nation’s health, develop NHS processes and create a more efficient and sustainable future. Through collaboration and meaningful conversations, we’re bringing our community of changemakers together to:
- Understand the fundamentals of AI
- Discover how their health can be improved by its use in the current NHS landscape
- Explore what work is currently being done by the city region’s leading innovators
Who will be speaking at the event?
- Alex Keyter, AI Strategy Consultant, Generative Minds
- Richard Harding, Business Development Manager, Hartree Centre
- Hannah Randles, Innovation Ecosystem Partner, Lyva Labs
- Daniel Joyce, Professor of Connected Mental Health, University of Liverpool
- Edward Lynch, Triple Certified Lifestyle Physician/Founder, The Wellbeing Doctors
Why should you attend the event?
- Educate yourself on AI and how it can be harnessed as a force for good
- Understand some of the challenges the NHS faces and how AI can help to remedy them
- Meet health experts working with AI every day and ask them burning questions
- Build a diverse network within the thriving life sciences community in the city region
- Share challenges you’re working on with the community and create meaningful solutions
What will the format of the event look like?
The live event will take place at Firestarters HQ. Attendees can expect:
- Welcome and context setting with Firestarters co-founder, Ruth Hartnoll
- What is AI? A crash course on AI fundamentals with Alex Keyter at Generative Minds
- Q&A with our panel of industry experts
- Smaller group discussions to explore the key ideas in-depth
- Round-up of learnings from the session
- Opportunities for networking to close the event
More about Firestarters
Firestarters is a community of changemakers putting purpose before profit in the Liverpool City Region. We get people from the private, public, and third sectors talking so that positive action can happen. We do this through live events, actionable next steps and community accountability. Firestarters is community lighter fuel.
While the ground floor of our building is wheelchair-accessible, our event venue is located on an upper level accessible only by a flight of stairs. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. If you require additional assistance or have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us