Firestarters is returning with a brand new online event to celebrate Global Goals Week 2023. As active campaigners for the SDGs and their potential to transform the world, Firestarters is going to be hosting its own event amongst the city-region activity.
We’re bringing our uniquely Firestarters take on Global Goals Week by inviting people to understand how we can work together to put the sustainable development goals into action. With 17 global goals to work towards, we want to focus our efforts and gain real traction delivering on:
- partnerships for the goals
- decent work and economic growth
- reduced inequalities
With such huge potential for collaboration, we’re going to get the brightest and best minds together to:
- demonstrate inspiring examples from our city region and international organisations
- offer practical advice on getting your own networks involved in stimulating change
- create and co-design a pledge to act together and create a clear way forward
What is Global Goals Week?
Global Goals Week marks the half-time milestone for the SDGs. Liverpool City Region (LCR) is celebrating this landmark moment with a week-long programme of events called Global Goals Week: Liverpool 2023. This annual week of action, awareness and accountability will transform the city into a hive of activity including events, conversations, successes, challenges and debates, all with a distinctly Liverpool perspective at its heart. Between the 15th and 24th September 2023 LCR is doing everything it can to bring sustainability thought-leadership into the city whilst also creating a bridge to take Liverpool’s leadership and successes out to the world.
Who will be speaking at the event?
- Stephen Painter, Hemsec MD
- Sara Wilcock, CEO, The Sustainability Academy
- Angela Lake, FiftyEight
- Ben Nathan, All of Us Films
- Kyle Soo, B Lab UK
What will you get out of the event?
- a live, co-designed community pledge to deliver against SDGs
- shared real-world experiences from fellow sustainability-led businesses
- practical advice for delivering against the SDGs in your communities
- a diverse network of contacts that can offer ongoing support and insights
- a chance to ask experts questions about the SDGs and how they’ve applied them to their own networks
- an insight into what else is happening across Liverpool during Global Goals Week
- a preview of the events that are coming soon to Firestarters
What will the format of the event look like?
The event will be an online session spread over 2 hours. Attendees can expect:
- Welcome and context setting with Firestarters Co-Founder, Ruth Hartnoll
- Q&A with our panel of guest speakers
- Smaller group discussions and community pledge co-design between attendees
- Round-up of learnings from the session
- Opportunities for networking to finish
This event will take place on Zoom. Access to the event will be available 30 minutes before it starts. Click the ‘access the event’ button and you will be directed to the joining page.
More about Firestarters
Firestarters is a community of changemakers putting purpose before profit in the Liverpool City Region. We get people from the private, public, and third sectors talking so that positive action can happen. We do this through live events, actionable next steps and community accountability. Firestarters is community lighter fuel.