About this event
Growth Platform is partnering with Firestarters to produce a special six-month programme of events called ‘Growth for Good’. The events will support businesses in the Liverpool City Region (LCR) who are looking to learn from expert speakers, gather strategic insights and have the opportunity to grow their network with purpose-driven people.
What is the ‘Growth for Good’ series?
The ‘Growth for Good’ series will be hosted across the city region’s six boroughs and will be covering six core subject areas that address the biggest challenges facing businesses today. The fourth event focuses on purpose-driven business. With increasing demand from people for brands to behave ethically and to be held accountable for their actions, being purpose-driven has never been more important. From Patagonia’s Founder announcing that all of the company’s profits will go into saving the planet to Faith in Nature giving a board position to Nature, big brands have led the way when it comes to acting with purpose. But what can our region’s SMEs learn from these behaviours and how they emulate them in their own businesses?
This event will look to uncover the practical ways businesses can embed more purpose into their day-to-day, and how they can keep their teams engaged and enthusiastic about the process as well.
What can you expect from ‘Growth for Good’ – Start Up Culture?
Attendees will hear from expert local speakers who will lead the conversation around how you can deliver on great culture every day within your own budding business.
Our expert speakers and signature Firestarters format will ensure attendees feel empowered to ask questions about what makes for great startup culture, and why building culture at this stage is so essential for the success of your organisation.
What will you get out of the event?
- Shared real-world experiences from start-up businesses
- Practical advice and takeaway tools that enable positive change to happen quickly
- A diverse network of contacts that can offer ongoing support and insights
- A chance to ask experts questions about building a successful start up culture
- The opportunity to attend more events on relevant subjects across the city region
- Relevant Growth Platform services sign-posted and key contacts mentioned for further support
What is the event format like?
We will be starting at 16:00 sharp, please arrive 15 mins before the event start time. There may also be train strikes happening at this time, do check the timetable ahead of time.
- 90-minute event with 30 guests and four – five panel members
- 5-minute open & context setting from Francesca Manca
- 30-minute panel Q&A
- 45-minute group discussions with attendees and panel members that will cover:
- What does successful start-up culture look like?
- What are some of the common pitfalls start-ups encounter? I.e. overworking
- How do you promote good culture in an authentic way?
- How do you define culture and who gets to be involved?
- When culture “goes wrong” how do you go about fixing it?
- 10-minute summary & feedback from all groups and thanks from the team
- + 30-minute “after-hours” networking opportunity for attendees
More about Growth Platform
Growth Platform is Liverpool City Region’s growth company, designed to support people and businesses to realise their potential and generate growth. Our role is to strengthen and simplify our business landscape, creating a sustainable economy that reflects the needs of our community.
More about Firestarters
Firestarters is a community of changemakers putting purpose before profit in the Liverpool City Region. We get people from the private, public, and third sectors talking so that positive action can happen. We do this through live events, actionable next steps and community accountability. Firestarters is community lighter fuel.