About this event
Merseyside Recycling and Waste Authority (MRWA) is partnering with Firestarters to deliver a special series. Over three live and interactive sector-specific events, the series will discuss the challenges and opportunities around implementing the circular economy, and how it can lead to more ethical and sustainable approaches to business.
What is the ‘Circular Culture’ series?
The Circular Culture series will consist of three events, hosted across different areas of the LCR, bringing together industry leaders and sustainability experts to facilitate important conversations. Each event will focus on a different sector; Manufacturing, Technology and Food and Hospitality. The events will investigate how the circular economy can benefit organisations on a local and national scale, and will strive to tackle the unique challenge in implementing circular culture in each industry.
What can you expect from ‘Circular Culture’ – Food & Hospitality?
The third event in this series will focus on Food & Hospitality and will look at the unique challenges associated with embedding a ‘circular culture’ into feeding, accommodating, transporting and entertaining residents, tourists, and business people.
Attendees will hear from a diverse line-up of local industry leaders on what the circular economy actually is, how to reduce or prevent waste, the challenges and opportunities for implementing a circular culture into the sector and the role of policy change.
In true Firestarters style, attendees will have the opportunity to learn from the experts, gather strategic insights and create meaningful connections with like-minded individuals. Our relaxed Firestarters format will allow attendees to ask their burning questions and engage in in-depth discussions, as well as create their pledges to spark change.
Who will be speaking at the event?
Stay tuned! We’ll be announcing our line-up of inspiring speakers soon.
What will you get out of the event?
- Shared real-world experiences from organisations in the technology industry
- Practical advice and takeaway tools to enable positive change to happen quickly
- A diverse network of contacts that can offer ongoing support and insights
- A chance to ask experts questions about manufacturing challenges in the circular economy today
- The opportunity to work collaboratively with organisations across the supply chain
- Free membership to CEC LCR enabling networking opportunities, peer support, access to events and meetings, and regular newsletters covering important developments in the circular economy
What will the format of the event look like?
- 5-minute open & welcome from Greg Macoy/Fran Manca at Matchstick Creative
- 5-minute opening confidence survey (QR code)
- 30-minute panel Q&A
- 45-minute group discussions between attendees and panel members
- The biggest challenges you face
- The best opportunities for improvement
- Changes you would like to see across the sector
- Top tips & best practices
- 15-minute summary & feedback from all groups and thanks from the team
- 5-minute closing confidence survey and feedback (QR code)
- Networking opportunities with the Firestarters and Circular Culture community
More about Merseyside Recycling and Waste Authority
Merseyside Recycling and Waste Authority is a strategic waste and resource management authority that operates across the Merseyside region. They are committed to creating more environmentally friendly communities and sustainable approaches to business through their pioneering approach to waste innovation. They run the Circular Economy Club Liverpool City Region, encouraging people to come together to take action on environmental and sustainability issues.
More about Firestarters
Firestarters is a community of changemakers putting purpose before profit in the Liverpool City Region. We get people from the private, public, and third sectors talking so that positive action can happen. We do this through live events, actionable next steps and community accountability. Firestarters is community lighter fuel.