Following our first Firestarters event, ‘Building Back Equal’, we’re so excited to announce the next event in the series. Presenting…‘Building Back Equal’ – Destination Tourism and Culture. Read on to discover how this event will be working towards building back the region’s cultural organisations and how you can be a part of it.
‘Building Back Equal’ – Destination Tourism and Culture
‘Building Back Equal’ – Destination Tourism and Culture is the second event in our four-part series. Each event within the ‘Building Back Equal’ series works to focus attention on reducing inequalities that exist within the Liverpool City Region, and discussing how to approach building back better.
After our first event in the series, we were able to gain insights into what sectors needed to be prioritised in order to achieve our community’s goal of sparking real change. From here we discovered that the Destination Tourism and Culture sector was a high priority. ‘Building Back Equal’ – Destination Tourism and Culture will therefore bring together values-led organisations to discuss what can be done within their sectors to approach fair recovery and inclusive growth following the effects of COVID-19.
Why this event is needed
Over the past 12 months, so many of the region’s cultural organisations have suffered financial losses as a result of COVID-19. This has caused a huge amount of uncertainty over their futures, and is another element of COVID-19 that has disproportionately affected marginalised groups. ‘Building Back Equal’ – Destination Tourism and Culture will work to start discussions around these issues and focus on finding solutions to the challenges that the region’s cultural organisations are facing.
Who is the event for?
‘Building Back Equal’ – Destination Tourism and Culture will be creating the space to discuss the real issues that are facing the sector. The event is open to all, but will be especially beneficial if you’re looking to:
- Hear from a diverse group of leaders within the Liverpool City Region’s cultural sector
- Share your thoughts on how the sector can build back equal
- Make meaningful cross-sector connections with like-minded people
- Learn about the Performing Rights Societies (PRS) Power Up Programme
- Become part of a community that’s working together to do good
Who are our guests ‘Destination Tourism and Culture’?
We’ve got an incredible line up of guests who will be at the event, including:
- Yaw Owusu – PRS, PRS Foundation, LIMF Festival, LCR Music Board. Yaw will be running a Q&A during the event all about the PRS Foundation’s Power Up Programme.
- Kevin McManus – UNESCO City of Music
- Claire McColgan – Culture Liverpool
- Sarah Lovell – LCRCA, Head of Culture
- Sarah Ogle – Everyman Theatre and Playhouse
How you can join the event
Want to have your say in how the Liverpool City Region can approach building back its culture sector? Join us at Firestarters ‘Building Back Equal’ – Destination Tourism and Culture in Thursday 15th July by booking your ticket to the event on Eventbrite.