Firestarters is back with a brand new online event to celebrate Global Goals Week 2023 this September. As active campaigners for the United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and their potential to transform the world, Firestarters is thrilled to be hosting its own event amongst other activity across the Liverpool City Region (LCR).
Get to know Firestarters
Firestarters is a community of changemakers putting purpose before profit in the Liverpool City Region. We get people from the private, public, and third sectors talking so that positive action can happen. We do this through live events, actionable next steps and community accountability. Firestarters is community lighter fuel.
What is Global Goals Week?
Global Goals Week marks the half-time milestone for the SDGs. The LCR is celebrating this landmark moment with a week-long programme of events called Global Goals Week: Liverpool 2023. This annual week of action, awareness and accountability will transform the city into a hive of activity including events, conversations, successes, challenges and debates, all with a distinctly Liverpool perspective at its heart. Between the 15th and 24th of September 2023, LCR is doing everything it can to bring sustainability thought-leadership into the city whilst also creating a bridge to take Liverpool’s leadership and successes out to the world.
Join us for Firestarters presents…Global Goals Week
We’re bringing our uniquely Firestarters take on Global Goals Week by inviting people to understand how we can work together to put the sustainable development goals into action. With 17 global goals to work towards, we want to focus our efforts and gain real traction by delivering on three in particular:
- partnerships for the goals
- decent work and economic growth
- reduced inequalities
Date: Thursday 21st September 2023
Time: 2:00 – 4:00 pm
Location: Online! Just join via Zoom
What can you expect from the event?
The event will be an online session spread over 2 hours. Attendees can expect:
- Welcome and context setting with Firestarters Co-Founder, Ruth Hartnoll
- Q&A with our panel of guest speakers
- Smaller group discussions and community pledge co-design between attendees
- Round-up of learnings from the session
- Opportunities for networking to finish
We want this session to feel collaborative and communicative, with plenty of opportunities to connect and have your say. With huge potential for collaboration, we’re going to get the brightest and best minds together to:
- demonstrate inspiring examples from our city region and international organisations
- offer practical advice on getting your own networks involved in stimulating change
- create and co-design a pledge to act together and create a clear way forward
Who will be speaking at the event?
- Stephen Painter, Managing Director at Hemsec
- Sara Wilcock, CEO of The Sustainability Academy
- Angela Lake, Co-Founder of FiftyEight
- Ben Nathan, Director and Founder of All of Us Films
- Kyle Soo, Partnerships and Product Manager at B Corp UK
What will you get out of the event?
- a live, co-designed community pledge to deliver against SDGs
- shared real-world experiences from fellow sustainability-led businesses
- practical advice for delivering against the SDGs in your communities
- a diverse network of contacts that can offer ongoing support and insights
- a chance to ask experts questions about the SDGs and how they’ve applied them to their own networks
- an insight into what else is happening across Liverpool during Global Goals Week
- a preview of the events that are coming soon to Firestarters
How can you get involved in Global Goals Week?
Interested in having your say in how we can work together to put the SDGs into action? Join us at ‘Firestarters presents…Global Goals Week’ on Thursday 21st September by booking your ticket to the event on Eventbrite. To keep up to date with the latest news from Firestarters, follow us at @heyfirestarters on Twitter and Instagram.