Following a host of successful events in 2023, including the Growth for Good series, Firestarters is back for the final event of the year. The event will explore the role of Artificial Intelligence (AI) as a force for good within the NHS and the wider healthcare industry. Firestarters is proud to be bringing together some of the brightest minds to facilitate our most controversial question yet…Can AI save the NHS?
Firestarters is a community of changemakers from the public, private and third sectors, working to take action and spark positive change across the Liverpool City Region (LCR) and beyond. Through a range of online and in-person events, Firestarters brings together a diverse community of individuals and organisations, facilitating hard-hitting conversations, tackling challenges and striving for social change. Firestarters is community lighter fuel.
What is AI?
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a simulation of human intelligence created by machines, allowing us to harness a variety of new technologies and technological processes. With a recent spark of fear surrounding AI in relation to privacy, identity theft and job losses, we want to shift the conversation to explore the ways in which AI can be used for good.
Join us for Firestarters presents…can AI save the NHS?
In true Firestarters style, we’ll be bringing together the city region’s healthcare professionals and our community of changemakers to explore the question. Through the event, we’ll investigate whether harnessing the power of AI will allow the healthcare industry to improve the nation’s health, develop NHS processes and create a more efficient and sustainable future.
Date: Wednesday 15th November
Time: 16:00 – 18:30
Location: Matchstick Creative, Northern Lights, 5 Mann Street, L8 5AF
What can you expect from the event?
The live event will be taking place at Firestarters HQ. Attendees can expect:
- Welcome and context setting with Firestarters co-founder, Ruth Hartnoll
- What is AI? A crash course on AI fundamentals
- Q&A with our panel of industry experts
- Smaller group discussions to explore the key ideas in-depth
- Round-up of learnings from the session
- Opportunities for networking to close the event
We’ll be doing things the Firestarters way, creating a collaborative and relaxed environment to explore the question at hand and discover how we can work together to take action and drive change on a local and national level. With plenty of opportunities for purpose-driven connections and meaningful conversations, the event will allow attendees to:
- Understand the fundamentals of AI
- Discover how their health can be improved by its use in the current NHS landscape
- Explore what work is currently being done by the city region’s leading innovators
Who will be speaking at the event?
- Alex Keyter, AI Strategy Consultant, Generative Minds
- Richard Harding, Business Development Manager, Hartree Centre
- Hannah Randles, Innovation Ecosystem Partner, Lyva Labs
- Daniel Joyce, Professor of Connected Mental Health, University of Liverpool
- Edward Lynch, Triple Certified Lifestyle Physician/Founder, The Wellbeing Doctors
Why should you attend the event?
- Educate yourself on AI and how it can be harnessed as a force for good
- Understand some of the challenges the NHS faces and how AI can help to remedy them
- Meet health experts working with AI every day and ask them burning questions
- Build a diverse network of contacts within the thriving life sciences community in the city region
- Share challenges you’re working on with the community and create meaningful solutions
How can you get involved in the event?
Are you a changemaker? Interested in joining the discussion about how AI can be used to tackle one of the biggest challenges we face: saving our failing NHS? Come along to ‘Firestarters presents…Can AI save the NHS?’ on Wednesday 15th November by booking your ticket via Eventbrite. To keep up to date with the latest news from Firestarters, follow us at @heyfirestarters on Twitter and Instagram.