We’re partnering up with Growth Platform to produce a special six-month programme of Firestarters events called ‘Growth for Good’. The events will support businesses in the city region who are looking to learn from expert speakers, gather strategic insights and have the opportunity to grow their network with purpose-driven people.
Get to know Growth Platform
Growth Platform is Liverpool City Region’s growth company, designed to support people and businesses to realise their potential and generate growth. Their role is to strengthen and simplify the business landscape, creating a sustainable economy that reflects the needs of our community.
What is the ‘Growth for Good’ series?
The ‘Growth for Good’ series will be hosted across the city region’s six boroughs and will be covering six core subject areas that address the biggest challenges facing businesses today.
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Net Zero Carbon
- Fundraising & Investment
- Purpose-driven Business
- Start-up Culture
- The ‘Growth for Good’ Showcase
Join us at our final event in the series…’Growth for Good’ – Showcase
The final event in the series will welcome purpose-driven businesses to reflect on the successes and learnings from the previous events and enjoy an afternoon and evening of meaningful connection. It will centre around “sparking change” across the city region by connecting purpose-driven people from the private, public and third sectors. Even if you haven’t attended our other roadshow events, you are very welcome to attend our showcase event.
Date: Wednesday 29th March
Time: 4:00 – 7:00 pm
Location: Arts Bar Baltic, Liverpool
What can you expect from ‘Growth for Good’ – Showcase?
Attendees will hear from expert speakers covering themes of diversity & inclusion, net zero carbon, fundraising & investment, purpose-driven business and start-up culture. Our expert speakers and signature Firestarters format will ensure attendees feel empowered to ask questions about How purpose-driven businesses can find success, whilst enabling positive change across the Liverpool City Region.
Who will be speaking at the event?
We’re welcoming back a host of speakers from each of our previous roadshow events, including:
- Michael Wolffe, Climate Change Officer at St Helens Council
- Amy Yarker, Co-Founder, Managing Director and Fermenter at The Fermentation Station
- Natalie Denny, EDI Consultant at Skywriters and the Anthony Walker Foundation
- Christine Spriggs, Collaborating Communities Lead at Kindred
What’s happening at the event?
- An awesome panel of speakers from across the city region
- Inspiring real-world success stories
- Intimate networking groups for a chance to have real, meaningful conversations
- Community fire building! We’ve got real campfires for people to chat around as well as the chance to “make a commitment” in our community fire art – more to be revealed!
- Free, ethical giveaways from local businesses
- A book stand from a local bookseller
- Your ticket includes a hot drink, a drink at the bar and delicious pizza!
- A bit of joy; sparklers and fire pits
Attendees will come away from the event with:
- Shared real-world experiences from inspiring, local businesses
- Practical advice and takeaway tools that enable positive change to happen quickly
- A diverse network of contacts that can offer ongoing support and insights
- A chance to ask experts questions about building a more purpose-driven city region
- Insights on relevant Growth Platform services and a chance to meet their team face to face
How can you get involved in ‘Growth for Good’ – Showcase?
Want to be part of the discussion of how purpose-driven businesses can find success whilst enabling positive change across the Liverpool City Region? Join us at Firestarters X Growth Platform ‘Growth for Good’ – Showcase on Wednesday 29th March 2023 by booking your ticket to the event on Eventbrite. To keep up to date with the latest news from Firestarters and Growth Platform, follow us at @heyfirestarters on Twitter and Instagram, and @GrowthPlatform_ on Twitter and Instagram.